Monday 2 January 2012

Coming to India


I finally reached India after one and a half years! Ah my own people. My land. I was so excited!

Until I reached the immigration...

The guy looked at me. His smiled got wiped off. He looked like a seagull. A seagull with a tan. 
He called another, a fat black-ish (Indian), guy. They spoke in low conspiratorial voices. 
Then they asked me go with the Penguin... (See I was still sleepy and dreamy)
The Penguin made me wait for what seemed like many hours.

After a few hours I asked him "what am I waiting for"
"Shut up and wait"
"Oh okay, thank you"

A few hours passed. 
"What am I waiting for?"
"Shut up. And if I have to tell you one more time I will kill you" 
"Oh okay, thank you."

Then I saw an in-mate. An Afghani. Mansoor. Nice guy. Was coming on my flight too. 
I had a conversation with him. In exchange of a cigarette (in jail we use that as currency) I let him use my laptop to charge his I-phone to get the phone number out of it. To call someone and get the address. Frankly I think the penguin thought he was Al-Quaeda. Anyway we told each other our life stories. And we became good friends. 

Still many hours later and 30 minutes of real time, the seagull came back. "You have a name that matches with a terrorist," he informed me with a smile."Sorry for the trouble, let me help you with the bullets they fired in your self-respect by mistake. The wound will heal in a few decades."

No comments:

Post a Comment